Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sketches! Guest Designer: Marcea Watkins

I am excited to announce that this weeks Sketches! Guest Designer is:

Marcea Watkins






I would first like to say a huge thankyou to Tamara for asking me to be the guest designer for this week, I am so thrilled to have been asked and still can't quite believe it.

My name is Marcea and I have been happily married for 17 years to my wonderful husband, Glen. We have a great son called Ryan (15) and 2 rather mad boxer dogs. I am a nurse and work 4 days a week at a local surgery but still manage to find plenty of time for this card making addiction of mine. I suppose I am still pretty new to card making - I made my first card last July and have not been able to stop since!. I started off making mostly decoupage cards but was recently introduced to stamping a couple of months ago.

I have to admit that I adore stamping and was so excited when my Prisma pencils arrived this week. I think these will now feature heavily in my card making. You may have also noticed that I am rather fond of flowers and brads too (they are just too lovely not to use). I have only set up my blog 2 weeks ago and would love it if you all stopped by for a peep at my cards and said hello. You can find my blog at www.marceascraftingcorner.blogspot.com . I love taking part in the many challenges and they are a great way to get you to try new things. I love the inspiration that everyone provides and the friendliness shown by so many people.

It was so difficult choosing just one of Tamara's great sketches for today but I finally chose sketch #22. I really enjoyed making this card for you all using this sketch and would like to thank Tamara once again for this opportunity to feature on her blog.


Here is the Card Sketch Marcea Chose. It is Sketch #22.




And here is the Card Marcea made using that sketch.


9 comments:

Marcea said...

Thankyou once again Tamara - I still can't quite believe it - thanks for this opportunity. Have a great weekend!
-x-

sam5886 said...

Fantastic card Marcea - well done hunny.

Sam
x

Unknown said...

I love your card, so pretty congratulations and well done.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Well, Marcea, I am totally impressed . . . I would NEVER think that you've only been making cards for a short time! This card is absolutely, positively GORGEOUS! I love everything about it, especially the color scheme. Congratulations on your feature on Tamara's site!!

Darlene said...

Wow ... this is amazing!! Love your choice of papers/image! Your coloring is fantastic! Way to go Marcea ... and congrats!!

triciaquarius said...

Congratulations - you deserve it! Your cards are really lovely. And so new to blogging - just like me! Please feel free to drop by my blog and give me some tips.

Charlotte said...

This is a great card! I love the colors!
Congratulations on your feature here at Tamara's! :-)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Congratulations Marcea, your work is darling!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Rima said...

love the sketch Marcea!! my take on it is on my blog
http://rimasstuff.blogspot.com/

x
Rima